This week is huge for fans of the Borderlands series! There are updates and features for every type of Borderlands 3 player!
For the experienced vault hunters, the November patch is now live, addressing multiple community requests and provides new free content for all players, including the Takedown at Maliwan’s Blacksite and a fresh twist on late-game content with Mayhem 4.
For the players who want to experience the game but don’t have the funds, Borderlands 3 will be free to play on Xbox One and PlayStation 4 this weekend. Plus, all versions of Borderlands 3 on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and the Epic Games store will be on sale for Black Friday!
Across Europe and Australia, the Standard Edition, Deluxe Edition, and Super Deluxe Edition of Borderlands 3 will be available for up to 40% off fon Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and the Epic Games store. The sale will start on November 22 and will run through to December 2!
Takedown at the Maliwan Blacksite!
Lorelei has recruited the Vault Hunters to destroy a top-secret weapon Maliwan has been developing at its black site. This new permanent addition to Borderlands 3 is designed for squads of players who’ve completed the main story campaign, so expect a serious challenge. Respawning is disabled, though you can still save yourself with Second Wind or be revived later by your teammates if certain conditions are met.
Mayhem 4 is the new highest level in Mayhem Mode and it provides an even tougher challenge by increasing enemy health while rewarding players through increased loot drop chances, adding a brand new set of Legendaries that can only be obtained while playing with Mayhem 4 activated.
- Bank Expansion: All characters now begin the game with 20 bank slots instead of 10. By acquiring additional Storage Deck Upgrades from Marcus’s shop on Sanctuary III, players can expand the storage bank to 300 total slots;
- Dedicated Loot Pools for Bosses: All bosses have been updated with new loot pools that give them dedicated Legendary items to drop. Players can now discover which bosses drop their favourite gear and more easily farm for those specific items;
- Additional Vending Machines: New vending machines have been placed across multiple maps;
- Target Dummy: A target dummy now appears in Sanctuary III’s firing range, allowing players to safely test their weapons;
- Thank You Weapons: Two free “thank you” weapons – one for lower-level players and one for Level 50 players – are available through the in-game mail system.
This patch will also adjust end-game character balance and will address a number of concerns that have been reported by the Borderlands 3 community. Read in detail the full patch notes here!