Today, as part of our global celebration of all things Xbox at X018; Microsoft made a bunch of exciting announcements during a two-hour live episode of Inside Xbox. The big news of the day was Microsoft’s intent to with storied histories, Obsidian Entertainment and inXile Entertainment.
X018 also featured a lineup of upcoming titles with something for every gamer; including a first-look at multiplayer mode, and new content from Just Cause 4, Sea of Thieves, State of Decay 2; and many more. Xbox also revealed deep on consoles, games and Xbox Game Pass; the best value in gaming that provides access to more than 100 games for one monthly price. The team announced a number of awesome new titles soon; including hits like PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds (PUBG).
Please see below for a brief overview of the news or check out the full recap and details on the Xbox Wire.
The Best Place to Play Blockbuster Games
- Debuted a new trailer for Battlefield V highlighting Xbox One X enhancements, provided a first look at Devil May Cry 5’s Void Mode; revealed two new fighters joining the Jump Forceroster, debuted a new CGI cinematic trailer for Just Cause 4; and revealed the return of Winnie the Pooh in a brand-new Kingdom Hearts III trailer
- Provided a closer look at the upcoming Shadow of the Tomb Raider DLC called The Forge
- Revealed that Xbox One X enhanced versions of Final Fantasy XIII, Final Fantasy XIII-2 and LIGHTNING RETURNS: Final Fantasy XIII will be added to the Back Compat catalogue and that Civilization Revolution, already available in the Backward Compat library, will be receiving an Xbox One X Enhanced update on Nov. 13
- Announced that mouse and keyboard support for Xbox One will arrive next week, with select titles enabled at launch
- Announced that the Xbox Adaptive Controller will launch in new markets worldwide
The Biggest Value in Gaming Gets Even Better
- Revealed Xbox’s Black Friday deals, which include discounts that bring the Xbox One X down to its lowest price ever at $399.99 and allows you to get one month of Xbox Game Pass for $1
- Announced new titles coming to Xbox Game Pass, including PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds (PUBG) on Nov. 12 and Ori and the Blind Forest and Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice in December
- Announced general availability of the Xbox Game Pass mobile app for iOS and Android
- Debuted #givewithXbox, a new campaign that enables Xbox fans to give back to four inspirational charities
More Content You Can’t Get Anywhere Else
- Announced that Obsidian Entertainment and inXile Entertainment are joining Microsoft Studios
- Revealed Crackdown 3’s Wrecking Zone multiplayer mode
- Debuted the first new expansion for Forza Horizon 4 called Fortune Island
- Announced that the Minecraft Marketplace has reached 77 partners who have driven more than 13 million purchase since it launched last June
- Debuted a new free content update for Sea of Thieves called ‘The Arena.’
- Revealed the Zedhunter content pack for State of Decay 2
- Premiered Void Bastards, a new console launch exclusive title for Xbox One