TMNT’s Ernie Reyes Jr. headlines Super Combat Fighter; a ‘90s-inspired tribute to the original Mortal Kombat, now on Kickstarter
The 2D fighting game Super Combat Fighter is now on Kickstarter. Featuring digitized actors, over-the-top visuals, a lineup of celebrity guest fighters and gameplay reminiscent of Mortal Kombat. Super Combat Fighter will deliver the goods for $35,000 in completion funds.
Just one day in, Critical Depth and Headless Chicken have already raised almost $5,000 (14% of the funding goal). The campaign is set to end Friday, October 12. If funded, Super Combat Fighter is expected to be in backers’ hands by Q3 2019.
Super Combat Fighter’s notable celebrity lineup includes actor and martial artist Ernie Reyes Jr.; known for his work on:
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
- Surf Ninjas
- The Rundown (with Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson), and
- Uncharted: Live Action Fan Film (with Nathan Fillion).
Also, the multi-talented actor recently directed the music video for Wiz Khalifa’s “Rolling Papers 2.”
The game’s blood-pumping soundtrack will include music composed in part by Andrew Hulshult; whose tracks were recently featured in Quake Champions, Brutal Doom, Dusk, Rise of the Triad, and Amid Evil. Other exciting artists will also be contributing to the soundtrack and will be announced at a later date.
Super Combat Fighter is an over-the-top, content packed amalgamation of every fighting game from the ‘90s – including the Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter series. Pick your fighter from a pool of 7 digitized characters across 10 interactive stages in local two-player, head-to-head matches. Experiment with match modifiers, enter cheat codes, uncover unlockables, and string together punishing moves to deliver perfect combos in deadly succession. If all stretch goals are reached, the fighting roster will eventually be expanded to 10 characters. The finished game will also include an extensive single-player story mode with multiple endings.
- Retro-inspired, digitized combatants with special moves and fatal finishers.
- 10 interactive stages – from city streets and underground cage fights to pro-wrestling arenas and teleporting castles.
- Period-accurate blood, guts, and entrails.
- Insane match modifiers, unlockables, and cheat codes.
- Celebrity guest fighters such as Ernie Reyes Jr. and more to be announced soon!
- Varied game modes (including Giants!) – along with an upcoming single-player mode featuring multiple endings.