EX-FORTNITE DEVELOPERS RELEASE NEW GAMEPLAY FOOTAGE AND PLAYABLE DEMO FOR MUSIC DRIVEN ACTION GAME SOUNDFALL
Drastic Games, a video game startup founded by Epic Games alumni, released a new gameplay and interview trailer for Soundfall, which has reached over 200% of its funding goals on Fig.co. Soundfall is an audio-centric dungeon crawler that’s procedurally generated to music, melding the charm of classic adventure games with the intensity of twin-stick shooters. Slated for release on PC, PlayStation®4, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch, Soundfall takes the synthesis of music and video games to daring new heights.
ABOUT THE GAME
In Soundfall, players begin their musical adventure as Melody, a talented young audiophile mysteriously transported to Symphonia, a world where music comes to life. Melody must befriend endearing allies and wield legendary weapons against a horde of adversaries in a race to halt the return of an unfathomable darkness, Discord.
Music drives every aspect of Soundfall. Time your actions to the beat of the music to super-charge their effects; as you dash, blast, and slash your way through a world forged by sound.
Soundfall’s three key pillars are narrative, combat, and music:
- Narrative: In Soundfall you embark on a magnificent journey of friendship and discovery. Share in the adventure of a lifetime as you delve into forbidden dungeons; explore fantastic landscapes, and uncover the awesome power of music. Soundfall is as much about the story as it is about music; and throughout the game, you’ll encounter a host of memorable personalities with a look and style all their own.
- Combat: In Soundfall you’ll shatter enemies in fun, responsive combat. Battles in Soundfall leave you flushed and breathless; as you unleash an arsenal of music-driven skills and abilities to overcome the malevolent forces of Discord. Become immersed in exhilarating encounters, accessible to all levels of experience.
- Music: Music is what makes Soundfall special! Everything, including combat encounters, enemy behaviors, ambient objects, loot, and level layouts are driven by the music you select. Music doesn’t just influence the world, music creates the world.
- Musical Immersion: Soundfall uses your music to fuel its gameplay. Everything from environments to creatures acting in time with the music. It’s all about immersing you in a world of sound.
- Battle to the Beat: Play in time with your music as you fight back Discord. Unlock the power of your symphonic arsenal by dashing, slashing, and smashing to the beat. Chain together actions to form bigger, better on-beat combos.
- Narrative Driven: Soundfall is as much about story as it is about music, and throughout the game you encounter a host of memorable personalities with a look and style all their own.
- Cooperative Emphasis: Play any portion of Soundfall alone or with friends. Share the adventure with up to 3 friends in both couch co-op and online multiplayer.
- Procedural and Hand-crafted Content: The world of Symphonia is made up of both hand-crafted levels designed by us; and procedural levels generated from your music.
- Legendary Artifacts: Discover ancient artifacts throughout Symphonia, each with unique abilities that synergize for compelling team-play.
- Procedural Weapons: Unlock and wield one-of-a-kind weapons with unique gameplay and effects. Find weapons that express your personality and play style.
- Character Progression: Your characters gain persistent power over time, allowing you to find and equip more awesome gear. From prog-rock to hip-hop, build your kit as you build your palette.
For more information on the game including music characters and world, please visit here.