Prepare for a story-driven campaign within the Sentinel Comics universe. You join forces with an ever-growing team of heroes to face a wide variety of villains. What seems like a typical bank heist reveals itself to be a much more sinister plan! Create your hero, lead your team and save the world!
Sentinels of Freedom is a turn-based digital tactical game inspired by the upcoming Sentinel Comics: The Roleplaying Game. The design is by Critical Hits studio in conjunction with Christopher Badell of Greater Than Games.
Prepare for a story-driven campaign (featuring writing from Sentinel Comics creator Christopher Badell and artist Adam Rebottaro) within the Sentinel Comics universe as you join forces with an ever-growing team of heroes to face a wide variety of villains. What seems like a typical bank heist reveals itself to be just the tip of a much more sinister plan! Create your hero, lead your team, and save the world!
Customize your Hero!
Choose your character’s backstory, personality, power source, and archetype. Of course, each of these aspects heavily impacts your final character. Heroes have “stances” that provide boosts to certain stats like enhanced dodging or even flight. These, along with powerful sets of abilities and can be fully customized to fit your playstyle.
Swapping stances between rounds allow you to prepare for upcoming challenges. As the game progresses, you’ll unlock more abilities and stances. Heroes have special support actions. And, enemies can create formidable squads with even more powerful attacks and dynamic combos. The Vigilance and Support systems allow characters to react despite not being their turn. This could lead to hero trying to stay in cover or counter-attacking when an active enemy moves or performs an action.
What kind of hero will you be?
- Create your Hero – choose backstory, archetype, powers, and appearance
- Build your Team – select from the many available heroes and unlock more throughout
- Character Personalities – heroes will have likes, dislikes, and preferences which influence the mission
- Full story campaign – writers and creators from Sentinel Comics
- Freeform movement – Turn-Based game that allows you to move anywhere
- Squad dynamics – heroes or villains can work together for more powerful actions
- Living Environments – multiple objectives, interactions and dangers
- Learning AI – enemies will start to adjust to current tactics and also make long-term changes to strategy
Sentinels of Freedom will launch on the crowdfunding site Kickstarter Tuesday, April 3, 2018. The initial release will be available on Windows® and Mac OS®. The console releases will be announced at a later date.