This week, the SBS Insight will be taking a look at how much we spend time gaming. They have several guests from a young kid and his mum to a professional esports player. Let’s learn more about what the segment will cover, who will be on it and how to watch it.
What is ‘Game On’ about?
The segment will be hosting several guests who will speak about their experiences with gaming. The show will also touch on the WHO’s recent announcement regarding “gaming disorder”.
There are two main questions Insight wants to ask and answer:
- When does gaming stop being fun?
- How much gaming is too much?
Game On’s guest list
The segment will feature various guests who have various experiences as gamers or family members of gamers.
The guests include:
- Taei Aluni – An avid gamer
- Maddelin Walster – Taei’s partner who is concerned about his gaming habits
- Rosie – Zion’s mum
- Zion – An 11-year-old who understands why his mum restricts his gaming
- Brandon “Claire” Nguyen – A professional gamer with Legacy Esports (a team owned by the Adelaide Crows)
- Emilie Poissenot – A video game designer
- Dr Philip Tam – A child psychiatrist who specialises in internet and computer-related disorders