The Pit Board Game is returning to Kickstarter!
The Vancouver-based developers of Sword of the Stars: The Pit have not given up on their tabletop dreams. The team will resume crowdfunding on The Pit Board Game. A cooperative sci-fi dungeon crawler based on their cult classic video game, on May 10, 2018.
Kerberos artist John Yakimow has translated the lively characters and monsters of the original video game into board game minis; using a FormLabs Form 2 (3D) printer for prototyping. As an indie developer himself; it was a natural impulse to offer players the chance to print more of their own minis using the same 3D printing technology that he uses at work. The Engineer Backer Level of the campaign will offer a full set of 3D files for home use. Advance previews of the Kerberos game minis are available as free downloads on Thingiverse, and Stretch Goals for the campaign include a collector’s box with a full assortment of miniatures from the popular space opera universe of Sword of the Stars.
The Pit Board Game Kickstarter offers a Base Game for CAN$65. (Approximately the same in AUD). and it contains:
BASE GAME FEATURES
- 1 6-Fold Game Board
- 4 Player Character Miniatures, each with character corresponding cards and tokens
- 4 Wooden Player Character tokens for determining Turn Order
- 1 Instruction Booklet
- 4 Rule & Combat Reference cards
- 48 Room Cards
- 349 Item Cards
- 260 Monster Cards
- 74 Skill Cards broken down into 7 core Skills
- 30 Sys-Admin Cards broken down into 3 categories
- 32 Custom Dice
- 90 Condition Tokens for 6 different status effects
- 70 Damage Tokens with values of 1, 2, and 5
- 1 Floor Level Marker token
- 5 Door Unlocked markers
For more information about the board game or the team, check out their Kickstarter page and check out their campaign on May 10th