The Messenger double jumps out of E3 with 11 ‘Best of E3’ nominations on its way to launch on Nintendo Switch and PC later this summer.
Today Sabotage, PopAgenda, and Devolver Digital are excited to release an extended look at The Messenger gameplay from the E3 demo. For more information visit sabotagestudio.com and follow @SabotageQc on Twitter.
About the Game
As a demon army besieges his village, a young ninja ventures through a cursed world; to deliver a scroll paramount to his clan’s survival.
Leveraging players expectations as a core game design ingredient, The Messenger is first presented as an 8-bit action platformer with a simple story, that unravels into an epic time traveling tale, eventually revealing itself as a 16-bit Metroidvania game packed with surprises and deadpan humor.
- An epic ninja adventure with challenging gameplay and tight controls
- Legit 8-bit and 16-bit art and music reminiscent of your favorite NES and SNES games
- Memorable cast of (often silly) villains, bosses and associates
- Catchy soundtrack by renowned chiptune composer Rainbowdragoneyes, made in Famitracker
- Character upgrades, new abilities, hidden levels and story arcs to discover
- Challenging and visceral gameplay where mastery is a thing to behold