New Zealand gaming dev Rocketwerks has been working on something special, and this week we started to get a peek into what that is.
Lead by Ex Bethesda & Crytek environment artist Rashid Redic with a team of hand picked Ex- Bethesda and Dice staff, Living Dark is a procedurally generated story line driven title where every action you make in the game affect everyone else.
a near-future city straining under tensions it can barely control…
Fight for friends, factions or your own future, but survive at all costs in a society where justice is only for the powerful.
Explore dense, diverse open environments in a myriad of playstyles. Forge critical bonds then confront demanding choices – against the darkness of the city, your decisions make all the difference.
A neo-noir adventure driven by a procedural narrative, Living Dark is yours to define.
The key features shard on livingdark.com about the game so far that we find interesting are :
- Navigate an interconnected faction and relationship system that drives the behaviour of every character in the city.
- Gain allies and make lasting enemies as you claim your place in the social strata.
- Find your own path through procedurally generated storylines.
- Explore a rich open world of districts and neighborhoods with unique social and cultural identities.
- Extend your skills, enhance your gear, acquire new abilities, improve your chances.
- Discover where your loyalties lie as your relationships change and grow, and your goals begin to conflict dangerously with your allegiances.
- Grow your city heritage; your choices shape the history and future of the city and its people.
- See the world anew: replay from another direction within the city you helped shape or reset for an entirely new experience.
And you know you are doing something right when the man behind the biggest game in the industry right now is interested:
— PLAYERUNKNOWN (@PLAYERUNKNOWN) December 11, 2017
Over the last few days Rasid has shared videos on Youtube teasing the look and feel of the game and I am looking forward to finding out more!