A New Way to Play Role Playing Games is Coming……Ardent Roleplay
Brisbane based Augmented Reality developers 89 Friends, have announced the expected launch of their new Augmented Reality Application, Ardent Roleplay, will be available in quarter three of this year.
Ardent Roleplay augments its users’ game, bringing fantastical environments, characters and monsters to the tabletop through the use of special markers and a mobile device. It isn’t just another Augmented Reality viewer for your Dungeons & Dragons or Pathfinder games, though.
Ardent Roleplay is slated to launch with the following features:
- Connected Experiences – Connect the party’s mobile devices over wifi to share notes and configurations
- Initiative Tracking – See when players and non-player characters are acting during structured time
- Health State – See if a character is Healthy, Injured, Critically Injured, or Dead
- Condition State – See if a character is Blinded, Charmed, Deafened, Fatigued, Frightened, Grappled, Incapacitated, Invisible, Paralysed, Petrified, Poisoned, Prone, Restrained, Stunned, Unconscious or Exhausted
- Adventure Log – Remember which adventurer deserves the glory with the Adventure Log, keeping track of Loot Collections, NPC meetings, Encounters and Post-Session Notes
- Individual Information – Limit information to only players that pass a check, rather than telling the whole party
- Loot Tracking – Players can see what special items they have in their inventory using the Loot Tokens and give secret items to players without the others knowing what it is
- Degrees of Success – With Ardent Roleplay, you can offer your players both partial and full success and failure states
- Atmospheric Audio – Hear the sounds of the environment through your device’s speakers or headphones
The application will be launching for free for players, with a Game-Master mode under development. Along with a schedule of further content to be produced on an ongoing basis; releasing it for sale within the application’s storefront once it becomes available.
“We have a plan in place to make this so much more than pretty models on a table. With the added capabilities of the Ardent Roleplay app, and more content on the way; we hope that Ardent Roleplay is able to establish itself as another tool to help you run your tabletop role-playing games; just like a Dungeon Master Screen.”
explained 89 Friends CEO, Dr Ralf Muhlberger.
89 Friends is a game development company based in Brisbane, Australia. Specialising in Augmented Reality applications for industry and education; 89 Friends works with business and educational institutes to build AR applications designed to improve and advance the modern workspace.